Sunday, September 2, 2012

Balanced



It is hard to find balance with so much change going on at my house right now. I practically lived at Wal-mart this last week as my daughter and I shopped for what felt like an never ending list of gotta have for school items. Friday night we breathed in great relief as we stood in line to check out. Glancing over the list I could not believe we were finished. She would like me to whip up an apron for her and 2 more pair of comfy pj bottoms. Which I really hope to have done tomorrow.

We were without power for the greater part of the day, today! Not sure if it had anything to do with all the storms we have been having. I ended up leaving everyone at home as I went to church so as to teach my class. When I got home an hour later, there still was no power. But, tons of laughter as they were talking about farting. (smiling now) It was nice to see my family spending time together bonding over farts. (rolling my eyes) Hmmm!!!! Thank heavens the power came back on.

When I get a free moment these days, I am trying to figure out a balance between family, school and work.
Today I read 5 Essential Zen Habits For Living Balanced, which gave me some food for thought. I don't expect it to be figured out over night.But wish it would happen quickly. (LOL)

My Goals for this week. Keeping them simple. I need to see some success happening at least in one area of my life.

Personal: 
Say kind words to myself.
Prayer am and pm

School: 
Finish what I am working on right now.

Home & Family:
work on a menu
fly-lady routine...it does work for the most part.
Starting where I am at

Projects:
Pj's made for two kiddo's
Picture frames done for daughter

Blog:
Fix tabs
Post everyday






5 comments:

  1. That's a list to admire. I need to do many of the things on your list too, and "post everyday" is often difficult for me with working my WAHJ. I salute you for making the PJs!
    Zenfully yours,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be hard when you work to get goals done. That is why I try to be responsible with myself. Maybe just start with one goal. Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Laughing at your family 'Fart' jokes - my youngest daughter always says "If you can't laugh at a poop {fart works too} joke, you must be a little dead inside."

    As for your goals, just posting 2-3 times a week is a lot for me! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our family can be a tad goofy at times. It was nice of you to stop by.

      Delete
  3. Those are some great goals to have, hope you have a great week

    ReplyDelete

Goodness, you just made my day a little sweeter. Thanks Bunches!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...